Right, these are some instructions on how to make fennel seed sweets. The sweets are a tradition in India, where they are used to help indigestion.
- Get your fresh fennel seeds from the garden, plus a bag of sugar.
- In a small pan, mix a teaspoon of sugar with a tablespoon of fennel seed and a quarter of a teaspoon of water.
- Heat gently until the sugar dissolves and begins to coat the fennel seed in a sugary shell.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, and add two more teaspoons of both sugar and fennel seed. Mix together.
- Let the sweets cool, and then they are ready to eat .