This is a picture I drew of a Twix Bar when I was 11, last year. Enjoy!
Right, these are some instructions on how to make fennel seed sweets. The sweets are a tradition in India, where they are used to help indigestion.
- Get your fresh fennel seeds from the garden, plus a bag of sugar.
- In a small pan, mix a teaspoon of sugar with a tablespoon of fennel seed and a quarter of a teaspoon of water.
- Heat gently until the sugar dissolves and begins to coat the fennel seed in a sugary shell.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, and add two more teaspoons of both sugar and fennel seed. Mix together.
- Let the sweets cool, and then they are ready to eat :-).
Lemon Balm is good for colds, flu, coughs, bruises, wounds, crying, depression and whinging and has no dodgy side effects like some bought medicines may have. Here are some instructions to make lemon balm tea.
- Pick a large handful of fresh lemon balm leaves from your garden. Be careful not to pick too many from just one stem, but picking a few from each will help your balm grow more.
- Put the lemon balm leaves into a teapot or jug.
- Pour boiling water into the pot.
- Cover and leave for 15 minutes.
- Strain and pour into cups.
- (Optional: ) Put some honey onto a spoon and stir into the cup of lemon balm tea. Sprinkle with cocoa.
For different reasons, you could use mint. It would have a different flavour, but the preperation would be basically the same.
These are some posters of lots of different healthy food stuffs. Enjoy!