If anyone else wishes for me to take a photograph depicting another of your favourite scenes from the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, I would be happy to do so! Just leave a comment here on my post: What’s your Favourite Scene from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy?
I got this set for Christmas, and was really pleased with it! I loved building it, and It looks great! The detail is amazing, and the design ingenious! I think every LEGO fan whos bought this set would agree, a great buy!!!
- A pleasing number of Urak-Hais / Orcs. The Berserker Urak-Hai is especially cool! I would have liked one or two Rohan Soldiers, but It’s clever of LEGO to only include them in the extension set- “Urak-Hai Army”.
- The skull hidden in the stairs is quite strange, but a pretty cool feature.
- I love the attention to detail in this set! I really like the box in the tower, which in the film, Gimli uses to hoist himself up onto the ladder, to get to the horn!
- The throne room is awesome! I love the simple design, and the throne and gold glass and dish are very cool! The crest is very cool too, but I would have liked it not to be a sticker!
- A really great build! I like the way the parts are easily detachable, so that you can disassemble to move or to store!
- Great value for money, especially compared to some other themed/licensed sets!
- Love the colours. I think the occasional turquoise green brick works very well indeed!
- The minifigs are awesome! My favourite is Aragorn, but Haldir and Theodon are pretty epic too!
- The way LEGO designed the rounded walls is ingenious! Great design!
- 7 of the 8 minifigs have double-sided faces, which is always a bonus!
- The exploding wall is a cool feature, but don’t expect the pieces to go flying in all directions, it really just falls down most of the time! (Unless I’m doing it wrong lol :D)
- The weapons are very smart! Love the new Orc sword design!
I would love if you could share your opinion on this set, or share with me your reviews! Thanks!
And If you like my LEGO Reviews and Book Reviews, please vote for them in my poll, “What Topics Would You Like Me To Post About Most”, if you want to see more of them on my blog!
Me and my brother will be building the LEGO Battle Of Helm’s Deep Today! I really can’t wait to build it! I’ll probably do a review after I’ve built it, so be expecting a review from me in the next few days!
But, until then, here’s the official description of the set, along with a few pics and a review video:
“The walled fortress at Helm’s Deep is under attack by the mighty Uruk-hai army. The forces of men, elves, and a dwarf must do everything they can to stop them from breaching the fortress walls. Can they prevent the Berserker Uruk-hai planting the bomb and blowing up the wall? Will they stop the enemy climbing up the siege ladders? The people of Rohan have never faced such a deadly threat! Includes 8 minifigures: Aragorn, Gimli, Haldir, King Théoden, Berserker Uruk-hai and 3 Uruk-hai.”And of course, I still have The LEGO Batcave to build pretty soon too. Can’t wait to build that too! The screens just look awesome, and I love the little holding cell! So, I’ll probably be posting some pictures of that in a few days!
I had a great Christmas yesterday. In the morning, me and my brother sat up in our mum and dad’s room with a cup of tea, and opened our stockings.
I got a disc of my favourite band- Tallest Man On Earth! I got a LEGO Minifigure from the new series (9)! And I got some ‘choices’ dark chocolates!
After breakfast, we went into the living room, and opened some of our other presents. I got The LEGO Batcave and Orc Forge, which I absolutely can’t wait to build!!! We also saved a few presents each to open later!
I loved Christmas this year. We were all in a good mood, and had a laugh and a joke. And you might have a laugh also when you hear this:
Last Christmas, Mum got a reddish brown scarf from Gran. As much as she liked it, it was just too big, and she eventually donated it to the charity shop…
This year, Mum and her friends agreed that they would each get each others presents from charity shops this Christmas, just for fun. Mum began to dig into the wrapping paper of her last present. And guess what she found inside. The same scarf she had got for Christmas just last year!!!!!!
At About 11, we drove to Gran and Granddad’s house for a roast lunch! From Gran And Grandad, we received “The Battle Of Helm’s Deep”. one of my favourite sets of all time! (This set might even take me more time than I took building Endor! )
We also got some luscious marzipan fruits, and Just Dance 4, which I really wanted. After we’d opened our presents, we helped Gran with the roast lunch. Chopping carrots, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, setting thew table, putting things in the oven. And then it was time to eat!!!! The vegetables were soft (and expertly chopped ), the chicken was nice, and the chicken leg was buttery and delicious! The mash was crispy, and the roast potatoes were cooked to absolute perfection. It was delicious!!! I think, however, I might’ve had just a little bit too much to eat
Photo Credit: LEGO.com
At home, me and Rafe built the Orc Forge, which is an awesome set. I absolutely love the winch and the light brick is awesome! After a light dinner (still full up from the afternoon’s roast lunch), we watched the strictly come dancing Christmas Special. It was okay, but I felt the judges would give a few nines and a ten regardless of how well the couple danced. Or was it a bonus +3 marks to the score for Christmas??
Photo Credit: LEGO. com
Should have watched the Doctor Who Xmas Special
(Never mind, at least I recorded it! :D)
Please comment and tell me about your Christmas. What presents did you get? Did you go somewhere nice? Did you watch The Strictly Xmas Special… did you thing it was good?
Hope you all had a great Christmas!
Wow. I just learnt that there is going to be another sun promotion starting 27th October and ending 5th of November!! Here’s the line up
(You may notice, that they cleverly tied the Zombie Chauffeur Coffin Car with Halloween!)
Check out these new LEGO The Hobbit sets due to be released December 1st!!
Riddles For The Ring
Escape From Mirkwood Spiders
Attack of the Wargs
An Unexpected Gathering
The Goblin King Battle